Gabriel, Wade & English were a sawmill and timber store on Brook Street. They purchased some Baltic Timber being unloaded on Scarborough's Vincent Pier. The image is from July 1914, just before WW1 and would be the last shipment for more than four years. A 'Standard' of timber was between 165 and 270 cubic feet. 50 cubic feet was one ton.The company became part of Jewson group in the 1980s.